We are committed to the continuous improvement of both the business and the colleagues, as well as working hard to develop relationships that benefit all involved.
Food Technologist - City Kitchen
Our Company Beak and Johnston are one of Australia's largest fresh meat processing and packaging, soups and ready meals maker. Beak & Johnston is a thirty year old family owned business with facilities in Greenacre, Arndell Park & New Zealand. The role The purpose of the Process Technologist role is the development and successful implementation of new and optimised products, processes and packaging through operations Working with R&D and Commercial teams to develop, trial and implement new and replacement products. Bench top / prototype development and evaluation of new products and raw materials. Conduct internal product sensory panels to evaluate new, reformulated and / or existing products. Liaise with production, planning and others as required to arrange and conduct factory trials and document outcome of these trials. Effectively project manage the launch of new products by coordinating activities across multi functions and stakeholder to ensure readiness prior to launch. Support customer reviews and commercial presentations related to new products proposals. Conduct BOM audits, write and update specifications, raising purchase orders for new products. Write production specifications based on finished product specifications. Ensure value optimisation work and continuous improvement initiatives are delivered to drive cost savings and efficiencies Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- 5 years’ experience in large fast moving food manufacturing environment
- Qualifications in Food Science discipline desirable.
- Strong understanding of food processing techniques to maximise raw material effectiveness in products.
- Experience with food manufacturing technologies and capabilities.
- Previous experience and understanding of packaging and different options available to ensure quality and appeal of the product.
- Very strong knowledge of protein and different protein types and how to best use in food processing, especially with value added products.
- Previous experience working within a multi-disciplinary team with multiple stakeholders.
- Able to work independently.
- Previous experience managing multiple projects and use of technology to track project status.
- Proven understanding of all legislative requirements required for labelling of products.
- Attention to detail High level of verbal and written communication skills
Salary Range $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 depending on skills and experience
How to apply Email Careers at Beak firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number 0287326232